From: Anthony Jones on
People,

Anyone else got an IIS7 server out there that they can test this little ASP
file:-

<%
Set xml = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.3.0")
xml.loadXML "<root />"

Set xsl = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.3.0")
xsl.loadXML "<xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:xsl=""http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"" version=""1.0"">" & _
"<xsl:output method=""xml"" encoding=""UTF-8"" />" & _
"<xsl:template match=""root""><ok /></xsl:template>" & _
"</xsl:stylesheet>"

Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
Response.CharSet = "UTF-8"
xml.documentElement.transformNodeToObject xsl, Response

%>

The above works fine on IIS6 and below. On IIS7 however it fails with
0x80004001 Not Implemented on the transformNodeToObject.

It seems something has changed in either MSXML or ASP that breaks this code.

Varitions attempted:-

Use MSXML6: Still Fails
Set Response.CodePage = 65001: Still fails
Set encoding in output element to "Windows-1252": Still fails
Set method to html: Still fails

Pass a different object that implements IStream: Succeeds.

Has Response stop implementing IStream use DOMDocument.Save and pass in the
Response object. That succeeds also so Response still implements IStream.

I note the MSXML3.dll is SP10 on the 2008 server whereas my MSXML3.dll on
the 2003 server is SP9.

Can't find any info on changes though.

Does anyone have any light to shed or can confirm the problem?

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
Anthony Jones wrote:
> People,
>
> Anyone else got an IIS7 server out there that they can test this
> little ASP file:-

Leaves me out ... sorry.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

From: Martin Honnen on
Anthony Jones wrote:

> xml.documentElement.transformNodeToObject xsl, Response
>
> %>
>
> The above works fine on IIS6 and below. On IIS7 however it fails with
> 0x80004001 Not Implemented on the transformNodeToObject.

Does it work if you use
xml.transformNodeToObject xsl, Response
?

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
From: Anthony Jones on
"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash(a)yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Anthony Jones wrote:
>
> > xml.documentElement.transformNodeToObject xsl, Response
> >
> > %>
> >
> > The above works fine on IIS6 and below. On IIS7 however it fails with
> > 0x80004001 Not Implemented on the transformNodeToObject.
>
> Does it work if you use
> xml.transformNodeToObject xsl, Response
> ?

Martin, Good idea, still doesn't work though. This does appear to be
specific to the use of transformNodeToObject and the Response object. It
works when other IStream implementers are passed to transformNodeToObject
and other methods that are designed to write to an IStream work with the
Response object.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

From: Martin Honnen on
Anthony Jones wrote:

>>> xml.documentElement.transformNodeToObject xsl, Response

>>> The above works fine on IIS6 and below. On IIS7 however it fails with
>>> 0x80004001 Not Implemented on the transformNodeToObject.

> This does appear to be
> specific to the use of transformNodeToObject and the Response object.

As long as you want to create XML with the transformation you could
first transform to an MSXML DOM document and then save that to the
Response object. But writing HTML or plain text as the transformation
result to the Response object does not seem possible then which is quite
a breaking change.

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/