From: zz12 on
Hello, is there a setting in IIS 5.0 that would quickly fix the following
error?:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A000D)
Type mismatch

It's strange because some of our .asp pages were working fine for the past
years but recently our website was updated in that old folders were renamed
and the new ones took on the existing name and was wondering why some our
..asp pages are now returning this error? I would think that since the code
hasn't changed and it used to work fine it should be a setting in IIS or in
the properties of a particular folder?

Thanks in advance.

From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
zz12 wrote:
> Hello, is there a setting in IIS 5.0 that would quickly fix the
> following error?:
>
> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A000D)
> Type mismatch

No.

> It's strange because some of our .asp pages were working fine for the
> past years but recently our website was updated in that old folders
> were renamed and the new ones took on the existing name and was
> wondering why some our .asp pages are now returning this error? I
> would think that since the code hasn't changed and it used to work
> fine it should be a setting in IIS or in the properties of a
> particular folder?

You were getting away with poorly written code. Whatever has changed in
your updates has resulted in your no longer being able to get away with
it. You need to debug your code and fix the type mismatches.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

From: zz12 on
I wonder what it could be then? The asp code hasn't changed and it used to
work fine.

From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
I don't know what else you expect us to tell you.
The only way to find out is by debugging, figuring out what line of code
is causing the error and fixing the cause of the problem. Start with the
error reported: typically error statements will show a line number. Use
some well-placed response.write statements to display variable values,
etc before the line executes. If that does not help you, post the guilty
section of code here.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

From: zz12 on
Sorry for this novice question...when trying to perform an additon equation
on recordset values that are 'float' data types does one need to convert it
using something like CINT(rs("FloatField")? Something like...

response.write CINT(rs("FloatField") + 987.123456 : response.end

It looks like a co-worker had changed the data type that it uses on our SQL
Server from 'float' to 'decimal' and since the .asp code didn't have any
data conversion functions prior I am pretty certain 'float' data types don't
need to be converted when performing arithmatic equations using recordset
values since it never gave us the Type mismatch error before. It appears
that using CINT is needed for 'decimal' data types which does fix our
problem now but then it loses a portion of the data since we have values
that are 6 precisions which leads me to ask another novice question which
convert function can be used or how can 'decimal' recordset values be
converted without losing it's precision?

Thanks.