From: tms3 on

But all other SID lookups are good (well at least a test smattering of
them)?

> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks again.
>

> On 7/8/2010 10:56 AM, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
>>
>> Also make sure that SID returned by "wbinfo -n DOMAIN\name" matches
>> the
>> name returned by "wbinfo -s SID" command.

Exactly. I checked 4 or 5 other users - no problems. Also did a
spot-check of files belonging to other users in Windows Explorer. It
appears this is the only user with the problem.

I checked for duplicate UID's and found none. Using ls -l on the server
returns the correct user name and UID for the files.

On 07/08/2010 03:10 PM, Gregory A. Cain wrote:
> Exactly. I checked 4 or 5 other users - no problems. Also did a
> spot-check of files belonging to other users in Windows Explorer. It
> appears this is the only user with the problem.
>
> I checked for duplicate UID's and found none. Using ls -l on the
> server returns the correct user name and UID for the files.
>
> On 7/8/2010 12:01 PM, tms3(a)tms3.com wrote:
>

>>> wbinfo -s (user sid) returns "Could not lookup sid (user sid)"
>>
>> But all other SID lookups are good (well at least a test smattering of
>> them)?

What does "pdbedit -Lv theuser" show? It should show the user's SID.

Yes, it returns the correct SID.

On 7/8/2010 12:33 PM, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:

> What does "pdbedit -Lv theuser" show? It should show the user's SID.

> On 07/08/2010 03:10 PM, Gregory A. Cain wrote:
>>
>> Exactly. I checked 4 or 5 other users - no problems. Also did a
>> spot-check of files belonging to other users in Windows Explorer. It
>> appears this is the only user with the problem.
>>
>> I checked for duplicate UID's and found none. Using ls -l on the
>> server returns the correct user name and UID for the files.

OK, Greg, let me get this straight:

1. From a server terminal ls -l shows correct info.

2. Only in Windows exploderer the SID instead of name?

3. I forget...Samba domain or samba joined to AD domain?