From: flemming on
I have used FP many years ago and never found this problem. If I use FP to
make my web amd save it.
If I then wants to see files to add images etc. the files do not show up. Is
it because of windows vista I use?
From: Ronx on
There is a known bug in FrontPage and Expression Web running on Windows 7
that has this effect, but only if editing a server based web (accessed using
a location similar to http://example.com).

I have never used Vista, so do not know if this bug extends to Vista or not.

Does File->Import have the same problems? You should use File->Import to get
the images into your site BEFORE adding them to a page.

A workaround is to use Windows Explorer to find the images. Browse to the
images with Windows Explorer and set to view in Thumbnails.
Size FrontPage to open in half the screen in Folders View, Windows Explorer
in the other half (right click the task bar and use "Show windows side by
side"). When you find an image drag and drop it in the FrontPage folders
view. This is the same as File->Import so there will not be any problems
with file names pointing to your hard disc (which sometimes happens when
using Insert->Picture->From File).

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Tina Clarke on
"flemming" <flemming(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used FP many years ago and never found this problem. If I use FP to
> make my web amd save it.
> If I then wants to see files to add images etc. the files do not show up.
> Is
> it because of windows vista I use?

are you sure you are making a web?

try recalculating hyperlinks under tools

if you mean the files dont show up right away try F5 to refresh

Tina
Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0
New version includes help for EW 3.0
Find out how to transition from fp to ew with ease
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/ebook.html

From: Bonnie on

I was having a similar problem and thanks to your posts I got the image to
show up on my website... Thank you!

Then I tried to add a second image, I went through all the same steps, the
coding looks exactly the same other than the different file names, but for
some reason, all I am getting on my website is a placeholder where the image
should be. It is a clickable image and the link works but for some reason the
image won't show. I already checked my FTP and the image will open, so I know
it isn't corrupted. Any ideas?

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
did you Import the image file INTO the FP web folder?

--
Rob Giordano