From: Richard on
I use the below code to filter my form. This filter matches any where in the
phone string. What I am looking for is the exact match. Thanks for any help.

Private Sub cmdPhoneNumber_Click()
' Find the record that matches the control.
Dim stFilter As String

Me.FilterOn = False

stFilter = "[Phone] Like '*" & Me.[txtPhoneNumber] & "*'"

Me.Filter = stFilter
Me.FilterOn = True

End Sub
From: Mr. B on
You need to remove the Like and "*" from the equation

stFilter = "[Phone] = " & Me.[txtPhoneNumber] & "'"

-----
HTH
Mr. B
http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/
Doctor Access Downloads Page:
http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/DownloadPage.htm

From: Richard on
I changed the code to your suggestion but I now get a run-time error '2448'
"You can't assign a value to this object". Also the code breaks on the
following line:

Me.Filter = stFilter

Richard

From: Duane Hookom on
It looks like there is a missing single quote after Phone =. Try:

stFilter = "[Phone] = '" & Me.[txtPhoneNumber] & "'"

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:39:01 -0700, Richard
<Richard(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I changed the code to your suggestion but I now get a run-time error '2448'
>"You can't assign a value to this object". Also the code breaks on the
>following line:
>
>Me.Filter = stFilter
>
>Richard
>

>"Mr. B" wrote:
>
>> You need to remove the Like and "*" from the equation
>>
>> stFilter = "[Phone] = " & Me.[txtPhoneNumber] & "'"

Possibly Mr. B had a tiny typo, which might be causing this problem: there's a
missing quotemark. Try

stFilter = "[Phone] = '" & Me.[txtPhoneNumber] & "'"

This will evaluate to

[Phone] = '(222) 222-2222'

which should work correctly as a filter string.

I'm thinking this may be the case because your original LIKE filter string was
(sort of) working....
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]