From: Gary Miller on
I'm having a hard time thinking of how to do this. I want to set a filter
on a table so that only 1 record containing a 'key field' is displayed.

Example Table
NAME POSTDATE
Gary 01/01/10
Gary 01/20/10
Gary 02/01/10
Mitch 03/10/10
Mitch 03/15/10

So I want to filter to only show me 1 record for Gary and 1 record for
Mitch.

Thanks,
Gary

From: Geoff Schaller on
Gary,

That would be setting a Unique index, not a filter.
You get exactly one row for every unique key value.

If you are using DBF then the downside is that you cannot guarantee
which of the rows you get for the unique value. If you are using SQL
then this is trivial.

Geoff

From: Gary Miller on
Geoff
Thanks for the reminder about using a unique index. I new I was making this
harder than it seemed.

Gary

Pages: 1
Prev: bBrowser Edit problem