From: Duane Hebert on
"Victor Bazarov" <v.bazarov(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message news:hu88n1$nh5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> On 6/3/2010 7:08 AM, Mike McGinn wrote:
>> Liviu wrote:
> Sigh... And where am I going to go now when I need help on VC++
> language? Truly devastating :-(
>
> ...what do you mean you can still see my post? <g>

What are you doing? You're not supposed to post here any longer!

> Usenet has survived quite a few servers' being removed, and it's still
> doing OK. If you want to continue coming here, just change your server
> to something other than 'msnews.microsoft.com' and keep reading/posting.

like:
news.eternal-september.org

From: Tom Serface on
Try these links:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/threads
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads

Tom

Tom

From: Victor Bazarov on
On 6/3/2010 9:32 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:
> "Victor Bazarov" <v.bazarov(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 6/3/2010 7:08 AM, Mike McGinn wrote:
>>> Liviu wrote:
>> Sigh... And where am I going to go now when I need help on VC++
>> language? Truly devastating :-(
>>
>> ...what do you mean you can still see my post? <g>
>
> What are you doing? You're not supposed to post here any longer!

Oh shoot! Microsoft will excommunicate me now, for sure... What have I
done! <sad face, arms protracted to heavens>.. Is there salvation?

>> Usenet has survived quite a few servers' being removed, and it's still
>> doing OK. If you want to continue coming here, just change your server
>> to something other than 'msnews.microsoft.com' and keep reading/posting.
>
> like:
> news.eternal-september.org

Uh... well... yes. That's what I'm using...
From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
Victor Bazarov wrote:
> Oh shoot! Microsoft will excommunicate me now, for sure... What have I
> done! <sad face, arms protracted to heavens>.. Is there salvation?

They can not shut down The Matrix, you are safe Here.

U/i

From: Vincent Fatica on
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:45:49 -0700, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote:

|Try these links:
|
|http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/threads
|http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads

Didn't they consider how utterly fast and convenient NNTP is?

You don't have to be a member/login. You can keep what you want and purge the
rest, not having to deal with thousands of threads every time you read. It's
plain text.

Compared to usenet with a decent news reader, navigating those MS forums (all
web-based forums) is a nightmare.

While MS may not host these groups any longer, I sincerely hope they remain
active.
--
- Vince