From: Stefan Blom on
Yes, Microsoft's server hasn't been closed (yet), but sooner or later it will.
:-( When the time comes, I'll start using a free news server (though I don't
expect to see that many questions posted here when that time comes).

As far as the Answers forum is concerned, it's supposed to be the feature, so I
don't think we can give it up... :-)

My experience with the Answers NNTP Bridge is actually fairly good. I use it at
home (I can't install applications on my computer at work).

Did you install the correct one of the two NNTP Bridges? Or you could try the
communities bridge found here: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP