From: 98 Guy on
Poo Bear [MS MVPoo] wrote:

> > ...another key date is July 13, 2010 when finally we can
> > all say good bye to Internet Explorer 6.
>
> Huh?

When all support ends for win-2k, that also means all updates and
support for IE6-SP1 will also end.

Not sure about IE6-SP2 (that can only be run on XP-SP1 or SP2 and higher
- not 2K).

Naturally we 98 users have been applying the IE6-SP1 updates and patches
to our system that have been made available for win-2k - haven't we?
From: MEB on
On 05/13/2010 08:48 AM, 98 Guy wrote:

> Naturally we 98 users have been applying the IE6-SP1 updates and patches
> to our system that have been made available for win-2k - haven't we?

Why would "we"; these Win2K files:
haven't been designed for Win9X;
haven't been compiled for Win9X;
haven't been tested for vulnerabilities as might be found in Win9X IE6;
haven't been tested to see IF they address *any* vulnerabilities within
Win9X; and,
have not been tested for new vulnerabilities as might then be found
within Win9X after installation.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm