From: Cowboy on
I have a ProdPlan table that contains – amongst other – 8 text fields
(Process1 – Process8) and 8 Check box fields (Logic1 – Logic8) to track jobs
in production. I have created a Report (based on a Query) that hides the
process(es) when the relevant check box(es) is checked (i.e. completed
processes are hidden – but the job number/title still show). Jobs may use
various numbers of processes (i.e. some text field may be blank). QUESTION: I
only want the jobs (i.e. records) to show on the Report if a relevant process
that has been captured has not yet been checked – indicating work in
progress. Otherwise, if all processes are checked, the job number/title
should not be included in the report. What would be the best way?
--
Cowboy
From: KARL DEWEY on
What about using a union query to normalizing your data?
SELECT Process1 AS Process
FROM ProdPlan
WHERE Logic1 = 0
UNION ALL SELECT Process2 AS Process
FROM ProdPlan
WHERE Logic2 = 0
SELECT Process8 AS Process
FROM ProdPlan
WHERE Logic8 = 0;

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Dale Fye on
The way I read your post, a process is only "relevant" if it contains some
text in the associated Process field, and you only want to see those that are
"relevant" and which are not checked. If that is correct, you will need to
expand the WHERE clauses that Karl mentioned to include the Process fields.
something like:

WHERE Logic1 = 0 AND Len([Process1] & "") > 0

----
HTH
Dale