From: trs80 on
Who are some manufacturers of RAID controllers that would work with Solid
State Disks? I would like to start a search to find a product that would
allow me to have 4 or more SSDs in a RAID configuration.
thank you for any tips

From: DevilsPGD on
In message <To%cn.25138$aU4.2552(a)newsfe13.iad> "trs80" <trs80(a)YAHOO.COM>
was claimed to have wrote:

>Who are some manufacturers of RAID controllers that would work with Solid
>State Disks? I would like to start a search to find a product that would
>allow me to have 4 or more SSDs in a RAID configuration.
>thank you for any tips

Nearly any SATA RAID controller should work. Given the performance
characteristics of SSDs, you probably won't be happy with a particularly
cheap RAID controller since the controller might bottleneck.
From: Arno on
DevilsPGD <Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-Cage(a)crazyhat.net> wrote:
> In message <To%cn.25138$aU4.2552(a)newsfe13.iad> "trs80" <trs80(a)YAHOO.COM>
> was claimed to have wrote:

>>Who are some manufacturers of RAID controllers that would work with Solid
>>State Disks? I would like to start a search to find a product that would
>>allow me to have 4 or more SSDs in a RAID configuration.
>>thank you for any tips

> Nearly any SATA RAID controller should work. Given the performance
> characteristics of SSDs, you probably won't be happy with a particularly
> cheap RAID controller since the controller might bottleneck.

Linux software RAID with PCI-E attached controllrs (although
not with 4 SATA channels on 1 PCI-E lange, as I have seen in
one controller) should also give you full speed for most RAID
levels.

Arno

--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----