From: Donna on
If you could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Column A Has client codes
Column B Has client names
Column C Has client addresses
The same address may be used for multiple client codes. I am only looking
for duplicate addresses. What I would like to end up with in my report is
only the lines that have addresses that are listed more than once. If an
address is only listed once , I do not want it to show on my report.
Thanks

From: Dave Peterson on
I would add a new column D and concatenate the Code with the address:

(with headers in row 1 and data starting in row 2)

In D2:
=A2&"---"&c2
and drag down the column as far as you need.

Then in E2 (another new column):
=countif(D:D,d2)
And drag down.

This will count the number of times the code/address on this row is used in your
data.

Apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to column E.
Show the values that are greater than 1

If you need the info on a new sheet, copy the visible cells to a new sheet.
(I'd just keep them filtered and out of the way.)

--

Dave Peterson
From: T. Valko on
One way...

Use a helper column to mark the duplicates.

Enter this formula in column D and copy down to the end of data:

=IF(COUNTIF(C$2:C$20,C2)>1,"DUP","")

Then apply AutoFilter and filter on column D = DUP

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Steve Dunn on
Hi Donna, try this.

In E2:

=INDEX($C$2:$C$100,MATCH(TRUE,
INDEX(COUNTIF($C$2:$C$100,$C$2:$C$100)>1,),0))

in E3:

=INDEX($C$2:$C$100,MATCH(1,
INDEX((COUNTIF(E$2:$E2,$C$2:$C$100)=0)*
(COUNTIF($C$2:$C$100,$C$2:$C$100)>1),),0))

copy E3 down as far as required.

HTH
Steve.

From: Donna on