From: dlh on
I am working with 3 different workbooks that contain some similar data. I am
trying to find a way I can match up that data in a separate workbook. The
first workbook I pull off a website, the other two are also pull out of a
company website. These three sites give me a option to save as excel
spreadsheet. What is constant in these three spreadsheets is the PO number,
part number, some times a date reference. Its very time consuming, being I
have to perform this on a daily basis. What would be the best way to get this
done.
From: PY & Associates on
On Apr 18, 10:24 pm, dlh <d...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am working with 3 different workbooks that contain some similar data. I am
> trying to find a way I can match up that data in a separate workbook. The
> first workbook I pull off a website, the other two are also pull out of a
> company website. These three sites give me a option to save as excel
> spreadsheet. What is constant in these three spreadsheets is the PO number,
> part number, some times a date reference. Its very time consuming, being I
> have to perform this on a daily basis. What would be the best way to get this
> done.

Can we see the first 5 lines of each of the files please?
From: JLatham on
Without more information about the content and layout of the imported
worksheets, and what you need to do with the available information in each
it's difficult to give you an on-point response.

Best I can do at the moment is recommend you start investigating the
VLOOKUP() worksheet function in Excel's Help. It may be that you need to use
the somewhat less flexible (but in some ways more flexible) LOOKUP()
function. Those should work well if all you need to match is the PO number.

It may be that you may need to use something like SUMPRODUCT() if you're
trying to retrieve information based on multiple conditions like PO # *and*
date or part number. And then there's the potential for
INDEX(rectangle,MATCH(),MATCH()) also. Again, what to recommend or suggest
really depends on a more detailed explanation of your data and what you want
to do with it.