From: Beverly Howard on
I have a love/hate relationship with the ommnipass software behind the
fuji t4515's fingerprint reader.

I originally had it set up to use a fingerprint to log into windows
which worked for over a year

Now, however, while the scanner still comes up in the windows login
screen and the print scans green, it won't log me in.

Still the same username and password

Can't see anything in the ommnipass utility that might prevent this.

Anyone have any thoughts on where this setting resides?

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard

From: Beverly Howard on
sorry... that should have read fuji T4215

Beverly Howard
From: Invalid on
In message <ewQRI9d9KHA.3840(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Beverly Howard
<Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> writes
>sorry... that should have read fuji T4215
>
>Beverly Howard
What error message (if any) do you get from Windows?

Can you log in with the identity using the on screen keyboard?

can you create a new account under windows & Omnipass and enrol your
fingerprints to log on to the new account?

Regards
--
Invalid
From: Beverly Howard on
>> What error message (if any) do you get from Windows? <<

No error message... just no logon

>> Can you log in with the identity using the on screen keyboard? <<

Yes

>> can you create a new account under windows & Omnipass and enrol your
fingerprints to log on to the new account? <<

Haven't tried that yet, but will tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the response,
Beverly Howard

From: Invalid on
In message <#qaLZuh9KHA.148(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Beverly Howard
<Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> writes
>>> What error message (if any) do you get from Windows? <<
>
>No error message... just no logon
>
>>> Can you log in with the identity using the on screen keyboard? <<
>
>Yes
>
>>> can you create a new account under windows & Omnipass and enrol your
>fingerprints to log on to the new account? <<
>
>Haven't tried that yet, but will tonight or tomorrow.
>
>Thanks for the response,
>Beverly Howard

If Omnipass is recognising the fact that windows is asking for a login,
and recognising the fingerprint but you get no error from Windows it
implies that Windows is not getting any credentials at all from
Omnipass.

Could need Omnipass reinstalling to remake the connection if it still
doesn't work with a new account.
--
Invalid