From: cavelamb on
Is this the right place to ask about this thing?

Creating a new bookmark seems to also be renaming one of the bookmarks on
my bookmark toolbar...
From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
cavelamb wrote:
> Is this the right place to ask about this thing?

yes

> Creating a new bookmark seems to also be renaming one of the bookmarks on
> my bookmark toolbar...

what!? What are you talking about? Need more
information about what your problem is and what you're
trying to do.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
From: cavelamb on
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> cavelamb wrote:
>> Is this the right place to ask about this thing?
>
> yes
>
>> Creating a new bookmark seems to also be renaming one of the bookmarks on
>> my bookmark toolbar...
>
> what!? What are you talking about? Need more information about what
> your problem is and what you're trying to do.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102
Firefox/3.5.5

Add-Ons Flashblock, Java Quick Start, NoScript, Searchpreview, and smooth wheel.

Bookmark/Bookmark this page/choose/new folder

It did all that correctly, but seems to have renamed my last folder on the
toolbar (was search engines, and still had correct contents, but was named
the same as the new folder created)

I've seen this happen twice now.
Will pay more attention and see if I can figure out when it happens.

Just wondering if anyone else had seen it - or if I was hallucinating!?

Richard
From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
cavelamb wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5)
> Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
>
> Add-Ons Flashblock, Java Quick Start, NoScript, Searchpreview, and
> smooth wheel.
>

> Bookmark/Bookmark this page/choose/new folder
>
> It did all that correctly, but seems to have renamed my last folder on the
> toolbar (was search engines, and still had correct contents, but was named
> the same as the new folder created)
>
> I've seen this happen twice now.
> Will pay more attention and see if I can figure out when it happens.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else had seen it - or if I was hallucinating!?
>
> Richard

this is the first I've heard of your type of problem,
so start FF in safe mode and see if the problem
continues. Running FF in safe mode disables all the
addons and themes. If the problem doesn't continue,
then you know its either an addon or theme. If the
problem continues, then we sort of know where to go
from there.

From: cavelamb on
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> cavelamb wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5)
>> Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
>>
>> Add-Ons Flashblock, Java Quick Start, NoScript, Searchpreview, and
>> smooth wheel.
>>

>> Bookmark/Bookmark this page/choose/new folder
>>
>> It did all that correctly, but seems to have renamed my last folder on
>> the
>> toolbar (was search engines, and still had correct contents, but was
>> named
>> the same as the new folder created)
>>
>> I've seen this happen twice now.
>> Will pay more attention and see if I can figure out when it happens.
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone else had seen it - or if I was hallucinating!?
>>
>> Richard
>
> this is the first I've heard of your type of problem, so start FF in
> safe mode and see if the problem continues. Running FF in safe mode
> disables all the addons and themes. If the problem doesn't continue,
> then you know its either an addon or theme. If the problem continues,
> then we sort of know where to go from there.

I'll get back to ya...