From: Herb on
Using TBird v3.0 and Win XP.

Just upgraded to TB v3.0 the other day. Am noticing that newsgroup (NG)
subscriptions are maxing out at 2 NGs. When I add a 3rd NG, the new NG
loads. But when I exit out of TB and come back in, the newly-added NG
is there, but one of the original 2 NGs drops off. So, never more than
2 NGs displaying at a time.

News provider is Tera News (teranews.com) and I use their server called
free.teranews.com

If this is not a TB issue and possibly a Tera News issue, I'll check
with them. But the ability to have 3+ NG subscriptions at one time was
never an issue prior to upgrading to TB v3.0.
From: Invisible Man on
On 30/12/2009 18:55, Herb(a)teranews.com wrote:
> Using TBird v3.0 and Win XP.
>
> Just upgraded to TB v3.0 the other day. Am noticing that newsgroup (NG)
> subscriptions are maxing out at 2 NGs. When I add a 3rd NG, the new NG
> loads. But when I exit out of TB and come back in, the newly-added NG is
> there, but one of the original 2 NGs drops off. So, never more than 2
> NGs displaying at a time.
>
> News provider is Tera News (teranews.com) and I use their server called
> free.teranews.com
>
> If this is not a TB issue and possibly a Tera News issue, I'll check
> with them. But the ability to have 3+ NG subscriptions at one time was
> never an issue prior to upgrading to TB v3.0.

I have 8 NGs. I use Thunderbird 3 and Eternal September.
From: Herb on
On 12/30/2009 2:07 PM, Invisible Man wrote:
> On 30/12/2009 18:55, Herb(a)teranews.com wrote:
>> Using TBird v3.0 and Win XP.
>>
>> Just upgraded to TB v3.0 the other day. Am noticing that newsgroup (NG)
>> subscriptions are maxing out at 2 NGs. When I add a 3rd NG, the new NG
>> loads. But when I exit out of TB and come back in, the newly-added NG is
>> there, but one of the original 2 NGs drops off. So, never more than 2
>> NGs displaying at a time.
>>
>> News provider is Tera News (teranews.com) and I use their server called
>> free.teranews.com
>>
>> If this is not a TB issue and possibly a Tera News issue, I'll check
>> with them. But the ability to have 3+ NG subscriptions at one time was
>> never an issue prior to upgrading to TB v3.0.
>
> I have 8 NGs. I use Thunderbird 3 and Eternal September.

Thanx-- am not familiar with Eternal September and can't find the
website to inquire, maybe join. Any info/link is appreciated.

From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
Herb wrote:
> On 12/30/2009 2:07 PM, Invisible Man wrote:
>> On 30/12/2009 18:55, Herb(a)teranews.com wrote:
>>> Using TBird v3.0 and Win XP.
>>>
>>> Just upgraded to TB v3.0 the other day. Am noticing that newsgroup (NG)
>>> subscriptions are maxing out at 2 NGs. When I add a 3rd NG, the new NG
>>> loads. But when I exit out of TB and come back in, the newly-added NG is
>>> there, but one of the original 2 NGs drops off. So, never more than 2
>>> NGs displaying at a time.
>>>
>>> News provider is Tera News (teranews.com) and I use their server called
>>> free.teranews.com
>>>
>>> If this is not a TB issue and possibly a Tera News issue, I'll check
>>> with them. But the ability to have 3+ NG subscriptions at one time was
>>> never an issue prior to upgrading to TB v3.0.
>>
>> I have 8 NGs. I use Thunderbird 3 and Eternal September.
>
> Thanx-- am not familiar with Eternal September and can't find the
> website to inquire, maybe join. Any info/link is appreciated.

eternal-september.org

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
From: Herb on
On 12/30/2009 2:56 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Herb wrote:

>>> I have 8 NGs. I use Thunderbird 3 and Eternal September.
>>
>> Thanx-- am not familiar with Eternal September and can't find the
>> website to inquire, maybe join. Any info/link is appreciated.
>>

> eternal-september.org

Another thing I just noticed. The 3rd newsroup, as listed in the ''All
Folders'' pane (on my screen left side) -- when it has new mail, the All
Folders'' pane has a font color of light blue, while all other folder
colors are in black. Never saw that (blue font color) before.