From: Robert Montgomery on
My Mac sometimes has trouble falling asleep.

I isolated the problem to a Chrome script in Firefox.

When I have this problem, I try to quit Firefox. I get a message in
Firefox, reporting an unresponsive script, and the choice of stopping
the script or continuing. The location of the script is given like this:

Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/textbox.xml:51

I press the button to stop the script, quit Firefox and in three minutes
the Mac is fast asleep.

How can I avoid this problem, other than ceasing to use Firefox?

I use a late 2006 Imac, and OS 10.4.11.

Robert
From: dorayme on
In article <e475o.10422$z%6.3649(a)edtnps83>,
Robert Montgomery <info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:

> My Mac sometimes has trouble falling asleep.
>
> I isolated the problem to a Chrome script in Firefox.
>
> When I have this problem, I try to quit Firefox. I get a message in
> Firefox, reporting an unresponsive script, and the choice of stopping
> the script or continuing. The location of the script is given like this:
>
> Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/textbox.xml:51
>
> I press the button to stop the script, quit Firefox and in three minutes
> the Mac is fast asleep.
>
> How can I avoid this problem, other than ceasing to use Firefox?
>
> I use a late 2006 Imac, and OS 10.4.11.

If the script is stopped why are you needing to quit FF? Why are
you going on to the quit it, would you not want to see if the
machine sleeps when the script is not running?

--
dorayme
From: Robert Montgomery on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<e475o.10422$z%6.3649(a)edtnps83>,
> Robert Montgomery<info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:
>
>> My Mac sometimes has trouble falling asleep.
>>
>> I isolated the problem to a Chrome script in Firefox.
>>
>> When I have this problem, I try to quit Firefox. I get a message in
>> Firefox, reporting an unresponsive script, and the choice of stopping
>> the script or continuing. The location of the script is given like this:
>>
>> Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/textbox.xml:51
>>
>> I press the button to stop the script, quit Firefox and in three minutes
>> the Mac is fast asleep.
>>
>> How can I avoid this problem, other than ceasing to use Firefox?
>>
>> I use a late 2006 Imac, and OS 10.4.11.
>
> If the script is stopped why are you needing to quit FF? Why are
> you going on to the quit it, would you not want to see if the
> machine sleeps when the script is not running?

Good point; I probably don't have to quit Firefox.

But stopping the script without quitting Firefox will not likely prevent
future occurrences.

Robert

From: dorayme on
In article <K7l5o.10396$Z6.3044(a)edtnps82>,
Robert Montgomery <info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article<e475o.10422$z%6.3649(a)edtnps83>,
> > Robert Montgomery<info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:
> >
> >> My Mac sometimes has trouble falling asleep.
> >>
> >> I isolated the problem to a Chrome script in Firefox.
> >>
> >> When I have this problem, I try to quit Firefox. I get a message in
> >> Firefox, reporting an unresponsive script, and the choice of stopping
> >> the script or continuing. The location of the script is given like this:
> >>
> >> Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/textbox.xml:51
> >>
> >> I press the button to stop the script, quit Firefox and in three minutes
> >> the Mac is fast asleep.
> >>
> >> How can I avoid this problem, other than ceasing to use Firefox?
> >>
> >> I use a late 2006 Imac, and OS 10.4.11.
> >
> > If the script is stopped why are you needing to quit FF? Why are
> > you going on to the quit it, would you not want to see if the
> > machine sleeps when the script is not running?
>
> Good point; I probably don't have to quit Firefox.
>
> But stopping the script without quitting Firefox will not likely prevent
> future occurrences.

First things first. You need to *establish* that it is a
particular script that is causing sleep problems, that it is a
script that somehow keeps running in FF on your machine or is
somehow one that interacts with the OS to do something to the
sleep algorithms. The evidence so far is a bit flakey.

--
dorayme

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel for Mac 2008