From: Kevin the Drummer on
Does anyone know of Open Source software that will aid in the
creation of fishbone (aka Ishikawa) diagrams? I'm not after
drawing software. Rather, I'm after software that will aid in
the root cause analysis process. Ideally, the diagram itself
would allow for embedded hyperlinks which could take one to
supporting data for that branch in the diagram.

Anyone?

Thanks...

From: Warren Post on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:19:31 -0500, Kevin the Drummer wrote:

> Does anyone know of Open Source software that will aid in the
> creation of fishbone (aka Ishikawa) diagrams?

I've never used it for that purpose, but FreeMind can do that:

http://auxilus.com/blog/2009/09/26/ishikawa-diagrams-and-mindmaps/

From: mjt on
Kevin the Drummer <nobody(a)cosgroves.us> wrote:

> Does anyone know of Open Source software that will aid in the
> creation of fishbone (aka Ishikawa) diagrams? I'm not after
> drawing software. Rather, I'm after software that will aid in
> the root cause analysis process. Ideally, the diagram itself
> would allow for embedded hyperlinks which could take one to
> supporting data for that branch in the diagram.

vym, Freemind, SciPlore, Semantik

--
"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work"