From: harry richards on
You have to associate the VBS file type to Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. It (.vbs) is not automatically associated to VBScript out of the box.

Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx
From: Stefan Kanthak on
"harry richards" <machrf(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> You have to associate the VBS file type to Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. It (.vbs) is not automatically associated to
VBScript out of the box.

This is COMPLETELY wrong! .VBS as well as .VBE, .JS, .JSE, .WSH, .WSF
and .WSC are associated out of the box!

Stefan

From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
Stefan Kanthak wrote:
> "harry richards" <machrf(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> You have to associate the VBS file type to Microsoft Windows Based
>> Script Host. It (.vbs) is not automatically associated to
> VBScript out of the box.
>
> This is COMPLETELY wrong! .VBS as well as .VBE, .JS, .JSE, .WSH, .WSF
> and .WSC are associated out of the box!

I agree. I've never had to set up or enable scripting, nor is it
optional. If .VBS is associated with something else, then it was done by
the user or some third party app.
--
Crash

Atheism is a matter of faith, too.
From: Mayayana on
You're answering a post that's 2 years old! How
about using a proper new reader so that you can
live in the present?