From: Eric on
I had this same problem on a new Windows 7 machine with an ATI Radeon video card. Everything worked fine on the machine until installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (required for 1 of my LOB apps). I found a thread on a Microsoft Developer forum that said the 0x80070005 error is an "access denied" error, so I navigated to the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config file and viewed its Security Permissions properties and the only accounts with any type of permissions on the file were the SYSTEM user, the User Account I installed C++2008 Redist. with and the local ADMINISTRATORS group. All the other files in the \config directory had various different permissions on them, but all had the local USERS group with Read and Read & Execute permissions.

To fix the problem, I added the local USERS group to the security permissions list on the \machine.config file and gave the group Read and Read & Execute permissions on the file. I rebooted the machine, and since then have not received any more of these types of parser errors.

Steve Richter wrote:

mom.exe error parsing error since installing vs2008 sp1
20-Aug-08

on a new PC, downloaded VS2008 from MSDN, then installed it. ok.
Downloaded and installed VS2008 SP1 and now I get two message boxes at
system start:

MOM.EXE error parsing
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config
parser returned error 0x80070005

what does this error relate to? How do I correct it?

( I read that VS2008 SP1 includes a new version of the .net
framework. )

-Steve

On Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:59 PM
SteveRichte wrote:

are there official MSFT channels I can use to get an answer to a question such
are there official MSFT channels I can use to get an answer to a question
such as this? I have an MSDN subscription but dont want to use one of my
incidents. I read that MSDN subscribers will get their newsgroup posts
answered if they are posted thru the MSDN managed newsgroups, but I have
recently found that not to be true.

thanks,

"Steve Richter" wrote:

On Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:15 PM
Family Tree Mike wrote:

I believe Microsoft will answer postings by MSDN subscribers that use their
I believe Microsoft will answer postings by MSDN subscribers that use their
registered email address for the MSDN subscription. I have seen such posts
here frequently. Sorry, I don't know anything about mom.exe.

"Steve Richter" <SteveRichter(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:44 AM
Steve Richter wrote:

mom.exe error parsing error since installing vs2008 sp1
on a new PC, downloaded VS2008 from MSDN, then installed it. ok.
Downloaded and installed VS2008 SP1 and now I get two message boxes at
system start:

MOM.EXE error parsing
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config
parser returned error 0x80070005

what does this error relate to? How do I correct it?

( I read that VS2008 SP1 includes a new version of the .net
framework. )

-Steve

On Tuesday, February 03, 2009 3:38 PM
jmside wrote:

RE: mom.exe error parsing error since installing vs2008 sp1
"Steve Richter" wrote:

Steve,

How did you resolve this? I am getting the same error.

Thanks

WPF Report Engine, Part 4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ac799db-385f-431a-8a45-8b37cb7f3186/wpf-report-engine-part-4.aspx