From: Roger1955 on
My wife had Flash MX and wanted to try Flash 8 when either is tried to launch, she gets the same error messages: AppName: Flash.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.478 and flash 8 or flash mx won't open.
From: Bentley Wolfe: Adobe Support on
Roger1955 wrote:
> My wife had Flash MX and wanted to try Flash 8 when either is tried to launch, she gets the same error messages: AppName: Flash.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.478 and flash 8 or flash mx won't open.

Roger1955... you'll need to do some basic troubleshooting, and provide
us with more detail beyond "it crashed".

Go through the steps in http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_14776 to try to
narrow it down.

Then, if you're still having trouble you can either post back with
specifics about -where- it crashes (on launch, during working with the
app, etc..), or you can open a support incident via
http://www.macromedia.com/support/

-- Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Escalation Engineer, Flash
Macromedia, now part of Adobe Systems
From: Roger1955 on
I eventually had to reformat the hard drive last night and reinstall XP, etc.,
to get the Flash 8 to work. What had happened was that whenever my wife tried
to open Flash MX or Flash 8 she'd get the same error message of there being a
problem with Flash.exe. I went to the Macromedia troubleshooting section and
all over the web and could find nothing that worked.