From: don on
I have a Corsair 32 gig flash drive but when I try and view the contents
using "My Computer" I get he box asking me "what program would I like to use
to open this with" - I tried right clicking the icon and changing the
settings to "view contents" or "take no action" but it does not work.

I"ve had this Flash working at one time because I do have files on
it......... but now I can't get to them.

From: Steve Urbach on
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:07:28 -0500, "don" <don(a)panix.com> wrote:

>I have a Corsair 32 gig flash drive but when I try and view the contents
>using "My Computer" I get he box asking me "what program would I like to use
>to open this with" - I tried right clicking the icon and changing the
>settings to "view contents" or "take no action" but it does not work.
>
>I"ve had this Flash working at one time because I do have files on
>it......... but now I can't get to them.

Right click on drive: Explore
From: don on

"Steve Urbach" <dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote in message

> Right click on drive: Explore

Tried every right click option but nothing.......... went to My Computer ->
Manager -> change the drive letter, but still nothing.......

I think it has something to do with the music files on the drive since these
are the only files that would start up automatic, but I"m guessing.

From: don on
The only way I can see my files is if I open as portable media device?

From: Steve Urbach on
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:19:00 -0500, "don" <don(a)panix.com> wrote:

>The only way I can see my files is if I open as portable media device?

I have no clue what you are using.

I blow that U3 cr*p the many pen drives come with and use them as a /normal/
drive.
My pen drives are used between Linux, W2k, WWP, W7 (the other day) and even
W98se. The various explorers see them just fine. Auto-play is disabled.