From: freddyt on
How does one install Win XP on an empty c: drive?

I do have a registered Win CD. Does the CD have all the necessary
files on it to 'boot' an empty C: drive, and then one simply follows
the instructions on the screen coming from the install CD?
From: Nil on
On 03 Mar 2010, freddyt@s;dkfs';/vp/v.com wrote in alt.os.windows-xp:

> How does one install Win XP on an empty c: drive?
>
> I do have a registered Win CD. Does the CD have all the necessary
> files on it to 'boot' an empty C: drive, and then one simply follows
> the instructions on the screen coming from the install CD?

If you had tried it to find out, you would have found the answer to be
"yes".

From: relic on

<freddyt@s>; "dkfs'"; "/vp/v.com" wrote in message
> How does one install Win XP on an empty c: drive?
>
> I do have a registered Win CD. Does the CD have all the necessary
> files on it to 'boot' an empty C: drive, and then one simply follows
> the instructions on the screen coming from the install CD?

It will "do it all", however, an Upgrade version will need to see any
previous Windows CD during the installation.

From: freddyt on
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:03:32 -0800, "relic" <relic211(a)cjb.net> wrote:

><freddyt@s>; "dkfs'"; "/vp/v.com" wrote in message
>> How does one install Win XP on an empty c: drive?
>>
>> I do have a registered Win CD. Does the CD have all the necessary
>> files on it to 'boot' an empty C: drive, and then one simply follows
>> the instructions on the screen coming from the install CD?
>
>It will "do it all", however, an Upgrade version will need to see any
>previous Windows CD during the installation.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'upgrade version'.

The CD I have is the one that installed Win XP on my present machine.
No other OS was on the machine at that time. I realize I will have to
download all the updates afterwards. Is that what you meant?
From: relic on

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:03:32 -0800, "relic" <relic211(a)cjb.net> wrote:
>

>><freddyt@s>; "dkfs'"; "/vp/v.com" wrote in message
>>> How does one install Win XP on an empty c: drive?
>>>
>>> I do have a registered Win CD. Does the CD have all the necessary
>>> files on it to 'boot' an empty C: drive, and then one simply follows
>>> the instructions on the screen coming from the install CD?
>>
>>It will "do it all", however, an Upgrade version will need to see any
>>previous Windows CD during the installation.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'upgrade version'.
>
> The CD I have is the one that installed Win XP on my present machine.
> No other OS was on the machine at that time. I realize I will have to
> download all the updates afterwards. Is that what you meant?

There are two types of "Full" versions (OEM & Retail), and one "Upgrade"
version (Retail). It sounds like you have an OEM Full version; it will do
any install except an upgrade.