From: jjolly972 on
I'm stuck working on my boss's relatively new (Jan '06) Dimension E510.

The power button flashes amber-orange which the diags say is a power
supply or system board issue. They've sent up both the PS and the
motherboard and I've replaced them but the flashing amber light
remains. Have I misconnected a cable?

I'm not a regular visitor here so email replies appeciated!

Jack Jolly
jack.jolly(a)wgint.com

From: S.Lewis on

<jjolly972(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm stuck working on my boss's relatively new (Jan '06) Dimension E510.
>
> The power button flashes amber-orange which the diags say is a power
> supply or system board issue. They've sent up both the PS and the
> motherboard and I've replaced them but the flashing amber light
> remains. Have I misconnected a cable?
>
> I'm not a regular visitor here so email replies appeciated!
>
> Jack Jolly
> jack.jolly(a)wgint.com

Jack -

You've got mail.

Stew

From: "Brian K" iibntgyea4 on

> Jack -
>
> You've got mail.
>
> Stew

Stew, care to share the info?

From: S.Lewis on

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Jack -
>>
>> You've got mail.
>>
>> Stew
>

> Stew, care to share the info?

Brian,

Ultimately, Jack's problem was a bad hard drive that was preventing the
system from completing POST.

He replaced the drive and the system booted to the empty hard disk.

Stew

From: "Brian K" iibntgyea4 on
I'm slow today. So the bad hard drive was causing the flashing amber light?

> Ultimately, Jack's problem was a bad hard drive that was preventing the
> system from completing POST.
>
> He replaced the drive and the system booted to the empty hard disk.
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Keyboard Failure
Next: dellmbr.bin