From: Rich Grise on
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:18:56 +0000, Jeff L top-posted:

> Go to google, type in: 40W t5 ballast - you should get a ton of hits
> relating to usable ballasts. 40W means the electrical power, and T5 denotes,
> the tube's electrical characteristics. The rest of your bulb type does not
> matter, electrically, since that is the light output type, coatings, rated
> life, and physical size and shape of the tube, pins, etc.

Actually, T-5 refers to the physical form factor of the bulb. In this case,
it's tubular, 5/8" diameter. It doesn't say anything about phosphors or
anything, and it doesn't say anything about the electrical characteristics;
that's covered by "40W" and whether it's quick-start and stuff like that.

Cheers!
Rich

From: joseph2k on
Mike Monett wrote:

> joseph2k <cooltechblue(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Sergey, that is solid testimony to the disinfecting power of
>> ozone. Moreover the long lasting toxicity of chloramines and long term
>> exposure problems are starting to be documented.
>
> Hi Joseph,
>
> I have a question. I use pure distilled water in a silver electrolysis
> process.
>
> Sometimes there are problems that appear to be due to something in the
> water, and changing vendors often helps. The conductance of different
> vendor's products measured with a Hanna Pure Water Tester can range from
> 0.6uS to 1.2uS. So there is nothing obvious in the measurement that points
> to something in the water, but it sure doesn't work very well.
>
> Do you have more information on problems with chloramines, particularly
how
> to detect their presence, what effects they may have on an elctrolysis
> process, and how to remove them from the water?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Monett

I have discovered that a lot of what is sold at the grocery store as
distilled water or de-ionized water is just filtered water. They both can
all kinds of junk in them including particulates.
If you actually have a sensitive industrial process going you need to look
into industrial grades of distilled and de-ionized water. The properties
of the two are a little different, so read up on the differences and select
what you need.
Finally, semiconductor process water or pharmaceutical process water is the
purest available and is only made on the spot. It is next to impossible to
keep water that pure for long because at that purity is truly is the
universal solvent. Average impurities < 10 parts per trillion (10^12) or
better, both industries are looking for less than 1 part in 10^21.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller