From: Yousuf Khan on
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running
XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think
I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out
folders.

Yousuf Khan
From: Patrick Keenan on

"Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running
> XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think
> I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out
> folders.
>
> Yousuf Khan

Have you checked firewalls?

From: YKhan on
On Jan 2, 9:39 pm, "Patrick Keenan" <t...(a)dev.null> wrote:
> "Yousuf Khan" <bbb...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running
> > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think
> > I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out
> > folders.
>
> > Yousuf Khan
>
> Have you checked firewalls?

Yes, it's just the XP Firewall, so it is identical in both cases.

Yousuf Khan