From: Emma on
I have the following in a text box, it works ok but when a LoanId number is
already in the database or imported in this doesn't do anything instead it
just shows the LoanId. Is there anyway to have it always show up? I was
thinking of before update?

=Format([DateofLoanAgreementSigned],"""HELP- ""yyyy""- 0""") & [LoanId]

THanks Emma
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:31:01 -0700, Emma <Emma(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have the following in a text box, it works ok but when a LoanId number is
>already in the database or imported in this doesn't do anything instead it
>just shows the LoanId. Is there anyway to have it always show up? I was
>thinking of before update?
>
>=Format([DateofLoanAgreementSigned],"""HELP- ""yyyy""- 0""") & [LoanId]
>
>THanks Emma

What do you want to see if there is no data in the DateOfLoanAgreementSigned
field? Perhaps you could do something like

="HELP- " & IIF(IsNull([DateOfLoanAgreementSigned], "0000",
Year([DateOfLoanAgreementSigned]) & "-0" & [LoanID]

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]