From: AV Guy on
I have a recurring problem when opening presentations in 2007 that were
created in 2003.

Whereas the 03 created file has an arial font, when opened in 07 in changes
to imago.

Any thoughts?
From: Lucy Thomson on
Hi AV Guy

That's a new one on me as surely arial is on every computer in the world...
However, let's see if we can get to the bottom of it;
- was the presentation created on the same computer?
- has the presentation ever been edited on/viewed on/in the same room as a
Mac?
- when you open in 2003 and go to format -> replace font are there any fonts
with a ? next to them?
- when you open in 2007 and go to Home -> replace drop down -> replace font
are there any fonts with a ? next to them?
- is arial an available font in the font drop down in 2007?

I'm working on a presso at the moment that uses 'Times' that confuses my
computer but I'm sure it's supposed to be 'Times New Roman' - I reckon it's
a Mac thing but can't be sure.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

From: Steve Rindsberg on

> I'm working on a presso at the moment that uses 'Times' that confuses my
> computer but I'm sure it's supposed to be 'Times New Roman' - I reckon it's
> a Mac thing but can't be sure.

Times (as opposed to Times New Roman) is a PostScript font and also is a
resident font in pretty much every PostScript printer ever sold.

Might be a MacThing, might MacNot.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

Don't Miss the PPTLive User Conference! Atlanta | Oct 11-14

From: Lucy Thomson on

"Steve Rindsberg" <abuse(a)localhost.com> wrote in message

>> I'm working on a presso at the moment that uses 'Times' that confuses my
>> computer but I'm sure it's supposed to be 'Times New Roman' - I reckon
>> it's
>> a Mac thing but can't be sure.
>
> Times (as opposed to Times New Roman) is a PostScript font and also is a
> resident font in pretty much every PostScript printer ever sold.
>
> Might be a MacThing, might MacNot.
>
> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/

Ahh, thanks. I knew as I typed it it would be worng and someone would
enlighten me <g>

<decides against launching into long rambling explanation/rant about why the
Mac thought occured and why Mac users (or rather the particular Mac users
who may or may not be involved in this particular file) are irritating me so
much at the moment>

Lucy

From: AV Guy on
Interesting ... I do not have ??? on either machine and both computers have
arial and imago.
However, the template was provided by a corporate client and very well may
have been created orginally on a mac. Why would this make a difference?