From: Shirish Nalavade on
Lily,
Split character only works in header and not in data.

'~n' in the data will split the data , first define '~' as escapechar like
below

ods escapechar = '~';

Data ToPrint;
Length TEXT $ 32000;
Input Ids= TEXT=;
Cards;
Ids=1 TEXT=1:RED~nx2:BLUE~nx3:BLACK
;
Run;
ods pdf file='test.pdf' ;
proc report data=toprint nowd;
column ids text;
define ids/width = 6;
define text/flow width = 10;
run;
ods pdf close;

You can also use hex character

Check below link for more info

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/templateFAQ/report1.html

--
Shirish Nalavade
From: Yu Zhang on
Not sure split option will work for destiantions other than list(output
window). but here is one of ways to get what you ask for:

use ESCAPECHAR.

Data ToPrint;
Length TEXT $ 32000;
Input Ids= TEXT=;
Cards;
Ids=1 TEXT=1:RED^n2:BLUE^n3:BLACK
;
Run;

ods pdf file='test.pdf' ;
ods escapechar='^';
proc report data=toprint split='~' nowd;
column ids text;
define ids/width = 6;
define text/flow width = 10;
run;
ods pdf close;
HTH

YU

From: "Terjeson, Mark" on
Hi Peng,

Add ods escapechar='~';

Change:
ods pdf file='test.pdf' ;
proc report data=toprint split='~' nowd;

To:
ods pdf file='test.pdf' ;
ods escapechar='~';
proc report data=toprint split='~' nowd;

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson
Investment Business Intelligence
Investment Management & Research
Russell Investments
253-439-2367

Russell
Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing