From: Bob on
I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options.
Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help?
From: David Marcovitz on
On 3/24/10 1:07 PM, Bob wrote:
> I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options.
> Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help?

Extend means that you have different things on your computer and
projector. People with two monitors often have an extended desktop so
they can put some stuff on one monitor and some on another (like a
window the NCAA tournament on one monitor and a Word document on the
other or one document on each monitor). In PowerPoint, this is useful, I
believe, for Presenter mode. In this case, the PowerPoint will show to
the audience as expected and the presenter will see some presenter tools
that, among other things, allow you to view the slide along with the notes.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/