From: Mike Williams on
This may be a dumb question, but with PP 2007, I have a file that's a
mash-up of material from several other files. Now, with slides that
otherwise look similar, some have titles that show in Outline and some
don't. I presume the titles on the don'ts are actually text boxes,
not title holders. How do I change them from one to the other?
THANKS.
From: Mike Williams on
On Mar 24, 11:33 am, Mike Williams <mikewil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be a dumb question, but with PP 2007, I have a file that's a
> mash-up of material from several other files.  Now, with slides that
> otherwise look similar, some have titles that show in Outline and some
> don't.  I presume the titles on the don'ts are actually text boxes,
> not title holders.  How do I change them from one to the other?
> THANKS.

UPDATE: I see how to add a title holder. That means I need to copy/
paste the text box contents into the title holder, and reformat as
necessary. I was just wondering if there's some other way that
wouldn't require those steps.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <87a4ccb1-b9fa-48a4-9e69-
b00588fc8a8a(a)z35g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, Mike Williams wrote:
> On Mar 24, 11:33 am, Mike Williams <mikewil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > This may be a dumb question, but with PP 2007, I have a file that's a
> > mash-up of material from several other files. Now, with slides that
> > otherwise look similar, some have titles that show in Outline and some
> > don't. I presume the titles on the don'ts are actually text boxes,
> > not title holders. How do I change them from one to the other?
> > THANKS.
>
> UPDATE: I see how to add a title holder. That means I need to copy/
> paste the text box contents into the title holder, and reformat as
> necessary. I was just wondering if there's some other way that
> wouldn't require those steps.

If you write VBA, you might be able to write something that looks for text
in the area where the title would normally be and if it finds some, and if
it's not the title, then make it the title.

Other than that, it's clicky-pointy-clicky.

And if you can find the dingbat that (probably) deleted the title
placeholder and created a text box of their own to replace it, you have
our permission to rap their knuckles a good one.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: John... Visio MVP on
"Steve Rindsberg" <abuse(a)localhost.com> wrote in message
> In article <87a4ccb1-b9fa-48a4-9e69-
> b00588fc8a8a(a)z35g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, Mike Williams wrote:
>> On Mar 24, 11:33 am, Mike Williams <mikewil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> > This may be a dumb question, but with PP 2007, I have a file that's a
>> > mash-up of material from several other files. Now, with slides that
>> > otherwise look similar, some have titles that show in Outline and some
>> > don't. I presume the titles on the don'ts are actually text boxes,
>> > not title holders. How do I change them from one to the other?
>> > THANKS.
>>
>> UPDATE: I see how to add a title holder. That means I need to copy/
>> paste the text box contents into the title holder, and reformat as
>> necessary. I was just wondering if there's some other way that
>> wouldn't require those steps.
>
> If you write VBA, you might be able to write something that looks for text
> in the area where the title would normally be and if it finds some, and if
> it's not the title, then make it the title.
>
> Other than that, it's clicky-pointy-clicky.
>
> And if you can find the dingbat that (probably) deleted the title
> placeholder and created a text box of their own to replace it, you have
> our permission to rap their knuckles a good one.
>
> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/

Ouch! Now it is going to be hard to type with sore knuckles.

It is very easy to unintentional create a slide with no place holders. Just
select a blank slide as the master. Been there, done that.

John... Visio MVP

From: Steve Rindsberg on

> Ouch! Now it is going to be hard to type with sore knuckles.

True, but each twinge will remind you not to do silly stuff that makes it
harder to fix things down the line. Think of it as a zen exercise.

Meditate [WHACK] Cricket.
Concen[WHACK]trate deeply.
Lea[WHACK!!WHACK!]ve this worl{WHACK}d beh[WHACKWHACKWHACK]ind.

> It is very easy to unintentional create a slide with no place holders. Just
> select a blank slide as the master. Been there, done that.

So you select a blank layout for your new slide.
Hey. There aren't any title or body text placeholders to click here and type
into.

This.
Is.
A.
Hint.

Take it. ;-)

The usual problem is that newbs insert a slide, see the placeholders, think
"There's that pushy Bill again, telling me what to do. I hate Microsoft!"
Ctrl+A, DEL