From: Bruce on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:50:47 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
>http://dpreview.com/reviews/SonyNex5Nex3/page8.asp
>
>The kit lens however seems reasonably good, or about as good as one
>can expect for an 18-55mm kit lens.
>
>http://dpreview.com/reviews/SonyNex5Nex3/page7.asp

You obviously didn't read the comments about distortion.

"Distortion is unusually high. At wideangle we measure 2.6% barrel
distortion, which is complex in character with strong re-correction
towards the corners (making it relatively difficult to correct in
software when required). At longer focal lengths the distortion
changes to the pincushion type, and reaches a whopping 2.4% at 35mm,
which sets a new record for the strongest distortion of this type
we've yet measured."

Wavy line (or "moustache") distortion at the wide and? That's very
bad news. 2.4% pincushion distortion at 35mm? Only cheap and nasty
Cosina wide angle zooms approach this level of distortion. There is
really no excuse for it.

A camera is only as good as its lens(es). NEX will not be worth
buying unless Sony offers better glass. *Much* better glass.

From: Alfred Molon on
In article <9239fb54-3fa1-4b87-8f6e-f8b0d29970f8
@b35g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>, RichA says...
> The kit lens however seems reasonably good, or about as good as one
> can expect for an 18-55mm kit lens.
>
> http://dpreview.com/reviews/SonyNex5Nex3/page7.asp

Even the kit lens sucks for what concerns resolution.
--

Alfred Molon
On 2010-06-07 22:46:17 -0700, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> said:

> In article <9239fb54-3fa1-4b87-8f6e-f8b0d29970f8
> @b35g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>, RichA says...
>> The kit lens however seems reasonably good, or about as good as one
>> can expect for an 18-55mm kit lens.
>>
>> http://dpreview.com/reviews/SonyNex5Nex3/page7.asp
>
> Even the kit lens sucks for what concerns resolution.

The fact is, both lenses are perfectly adequate for handheld shooting,
which is exactly how they would be used in real life.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor