From: meme on
Hello, and thank you

First let me say that I am VERY new to ACCESS so please answer in 'simple'
terms and please excuse my terms ans they my be wrong.

I am Trying to set up a Classroom Database that willkeep track of my
students and their grades, reports ect...

I have three forms that I want to display at the same time.

I have the Class Controller. which allows me to set the varable as the
class ID.
The Student Detals that show the details for the student, and the Add to
Class Form.

I have the Student details and the Class controller set to open "OnOpen" of
Add students to class.

Currently when the Student details opens it opens as a pop-up. but the
other two; Class controller and Add students open as full pages in the
background.

I want All windows to open as popups with ADD Students and Student Details
Behind Class Contoller on top.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you again
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:56:01 -0800, meme <meme(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello, and thank you
>
>First let me say that I am VERY new to ACCESS so please answer in 'simple'
>terms and please excuse my terms ans they my be wrong.
>
>I am Trying to set up a Classroom Database that willkeep track of my
>students and their grades, reports ect...
>
>I have three forms that I want to display at the same time.
>
>I have the Class Controller. which allows me to set the varable as the
>class ID.
>The Student Detals that show the details for the student, and the Add to
>Class Form.
>
>I have the Student details and the Class controller set to open "OnOpen" of
>Add students to class.
>
>Currently when the Student details opens it opens as a pop-up. but the
>other two; Class controller and Add students open as full pages in the
>background.
>
>I want All windows to open as popups with ADD Students and Student Details
>Behind Class Contoller on top.
>
>Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
>Thank you again

STOP.

Starting your database design with Forms is a bit like framing in and
assembling your windows... before you've decided where to pour the
foundations.

Forms are *just tools* to display and edit data stored in Tables; the tables
are essential and basic, forms are very much secondary.

Here are some good getting-started resources. Crystal's video and tutorials
would be a good start:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: BB on
Check that you have set the Pop Up property of each form to YES.

If the Database Window (which contains the list of Tables, Queries, Forms,
Reports, Macros and Modules) is maximised, the popup form will maximise as
well, if you haven't set the Border Style property to Dialog or Thin.

Finally, make sure you haven't added the Docmd.Maximise code in the forms
OnOpen event.

--
B.

Live Long and Prosper...

"meme" wrote:

> Hello, and thank you
>
> First let me say that I am VERY new to ACCESS so please answer in 'simple'
> terms and please excuse my terms ans they my be wrong.
>
> I am Trying to set up a Classroom Database that willkeep track of my
> students and their grades, reports ect...
>
> I have three forms that I want to display at the same time.
>
> I have the Class Controller. which allows me to set the varable as the
> class ID.
> The Student Detals that show the details for the student, and the Add to
> Class Form.
>
> I have the Student details and the Class controller set to open "OnOpen" of
> Add students to class.
>
> Currently when the Student details opens it opens as a pop-up. but the
> other two; Class controller and Add students open as full pages in the
> background.
>
> I want All windows to open as popups with ADD Students and Student Details
> Behind Class Contoller on top.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> Thank you again

Pages: 1