From: meme on
I have an Access program where I am updating Attendance to a class .

I want to set a variable as the class number so I dont have to enter it for
every student.

It worked once... but I must have changed something and its not working
now... and there was a bug when I got it to work.

on Class Controller Form I have a Combo Box (labled CRN)that looks up
classes I have added.
I have a button that has a macro .. OnClick SetTempVars name ClassNameTemp
expression [Forms]![Class Controler]![CRN]=[TempVars]![ClassNameTemp]

the problem I had even when it worked was that I need the CRN # stored not
the class name. but it returned in the box the class name.

My Schedule looks like this...
Class name: Intro to Studying
CRN: 11111
Term Fall 2009

Class name:Intro to Studying
CRN:22222
Term: Spring 2010

Further is is no longer working I dont know what I changed but this is
what I have now.

Add students to class Form Default Value =[TempVars]![ClassNameTemp]

I wonder could it be because they open at the same time??
From: Gina Whipp on
Meme,

How many columns does your combo box have? What is the Rwo Source of your
combo box? And which column is set as the bound coulmn?

I am also wondering about your table set-up because there should be no need
to take the same information from one table and post it to another table.
Perhaps you can provide us with a list of your tables and the fields so we
may better assist you?

--
Gina Whipp

II

"meme" <meme(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Access program where I am updating Attendance to a class .
>
> I want to set a variable as the class number so I dont have to enter it
> for
> every student.
>
> It worked once... but I must have changed something and its not working
> now... and there was a bug when I got it to work.
>
> on Class Controller Form I have a Combo Box (labled CRN)that looks up
> classes I have added.
> I have a button that has a macro .. OnClick SetTempVars name
> ClassNameTemp
> expression [Forms]![Class Controler]![CRN]=[TempVars]![ClassNameTemp]
>
> the problem I had even when it worked was that I need the CRN # stored
> not
> the class name. but it returned in the box the class name.
>
> My Schedule looks like this...
> Class name: Intro to Studying
> CRN: 11111
> Term Fall 2009
>
> Class name:Intro to Studying
> CRN:22222
> Term: Spring 2010

> Further is is no longer working I dont know what I changed but this is
> what I have now.
>
> Add students to class Form Default Value =[TempVars]![ClassNameTemp]
>

> I wonder could it be because they open at the same time??

Pages: 1
Prev: Form Pop-up
Next: Preventing Form from moving