From: Bidski on
On Oct 27, 8:59 am, "ScottMcP [MVP]" <scott...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, Bidski <bids...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > OnPaint is executing after the message handler for me
>
> That's really surprising.  It works for me, and has always worked for
> me.  Did you try it in a little new project?  Which OS version are you
> using?

Im using windows xp. Haven't tried it in a new project.
From: Bidski on

From: Bidski on
On Oct 27, 5:40 pm, Bidski <bids...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 8:59 am, "ScottMcP [MVP]" <scott...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, Bidski <bids...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > OnPaint is executing after the message handler for me
>
> > That's really surprising.  It works for me, and has always worked for
> > me.  Did you try it in a little new project?  Which OS version are you
> > using?
>
> Im using windows xp. Haven't tried it in a new project.

If do

this->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW)

before i do the PostMessage, things display nearly as i expect (the
form shows up grey with and you can see the progress bar and the
scroll bar of the list box moving), but OnPaint is still being
triggered after my custom message handler which most probably explains
why the form isnt completely drawn at the time the loading is being
done.