From: Ron Rosenfeld on
I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document
(saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu.

I would like to remove the gridlines.

How does one do this?

In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility
of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to
work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set
a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic.

Thanks.
--ron
From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld(a)nospam.org>
wrote:

>I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document
>(saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu.
>
>I would like to remove the gridlines.
>
>How does one do this?
>
>In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility
>of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to
>work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set
>a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic.
>
>Thanks.
>--ron

OK, never mind. Although the gridlines show on Print Preview, they do not show
on the actual printout.
--ron
From: Terry Farrell on
Either you have Gridlines enable (View ribbon) or View Boundaries enabled in
Word Options.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:46:17 -0000, "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell(a)msn.com>
wrote:

>Either you have Gridlines enable (View ribbon) or View Boundaries enabled in
>Word Options.
>
>--
>Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

On the Ribbon View menu, nothing is selected. (i.e. Gridlines is deselected).

Under Word Options, I do not see a View Boundaries selection. Under
Advanced/Show Document Content there is an option for "show text boundaries",
but that is as close as I could find (and that is/was De-selected).

As I wrote, the gridlines show on the various views of the document, and on the
Print Preview, but not in the actual printout (or on a PDF file generated from
the document using the Save As command).

Any other suggestions for me to get a WYSIWYG view?
--ron
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
On the contextual Table Tools | Layout tab, turn off View Gridlines (in the
Table group at the far left).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:46:17 -0000, "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell(a)msn.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Either you have Gridlines enable (View ribbon) or View Boundaries enabled
>>in
>>Word Options.
>>
>>--
>>Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> Terry,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> On the Ribbon View menu, nothing is selected. (i.e. Gridlines is
> deselected).
>
> Under Word Options, I do not see a View Boundaries selection. Under
> Advanced/Show Document Content there is an option for "show text
> boundaries",
> but that is as close as I could find (and that is/was De-selected).
>
> As I wrote, the gridlines show on the various views of the document, and
> on the
> Print Preview, but not in the actual printout (or on a PDF file generated
> from
> the document using the Save As command).
>
> Any other suggestions for me to get a WYSIWYG view?
> --ron

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Higlihting entire rows or lines?