From: BK on
Using Windows and Office 2007

I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
specific row and column. When I type that information in the address box,
how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a specific style and
size? The only way to do that seems to be to select new document and view
the gridlines so that I can find the specific row and column. Then I can
type the text and format it.

Is there any way to format the label text from the single label option??

From: Jay Freedman on
After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click.
You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and format it that way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

From: BK on
Thanks so much for the information. I wish I could remember to right click
everything before I ask a question. <grin>

From: BK on
Here is another question: I am not typing an address on an address lable.
I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered. Didn't find
that option in either the font or the paragraph options, so I tried CTRL + E
and it didn't work. Am I just missing something again????

From: Jay Freedman on
Yes, it's unfortunate that the keyboard shortcuts don't work in that dialog.

Choose the Paragraph dialog from the right-click menu, and set the Alignment
dropdown to Center.

BK wrote:
> Here is another question: I am not typing an address on an address
> lable. I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered. Didn't
> find that option in either the font or the paragraph options,
> so I tried CTRL + E and it didn't work. Am I just missing something
> again????
>
> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>> After typing the address information, select it all and then
>> right-click. You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and
>> format it that way. --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> BK wrote:
>>> Using Windows and Office 2007
>>>
>>> I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in
>>> a specific row and column. When I type that information in the
>>> address box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a
>>> specific style and size? The only way to do that seems to be to
>>> select new document and view the gridlines so that I can find the
>>> specific row and column. Then I can type the text and format it.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
>>> option??

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Format Inserted Excel Table