From: Daniel on
Hi

when using recovery console what do I type to format the C drive to the NTFS
file system?

thanks

Daniel

From: DL on
Assuming you are accessing the console via a winxp cd, why not delete &
format using the tools provided?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Daniel" <Noone(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> when using recovery console what do I type to format the C drive to the
> NTFS file system?
>
> thanks
>
> Daniel

Just boot the machine with your WinXP installation CD, then follow the
prompts.

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:00:34 +1000, "Daniel" <Noone(a)nowhere.com>
wrote:

> when using recovery console what do I type to format the C drive to the NTFS
> file system?

Why do you want to format the C: drive? Is your intent to reinstall
Windows?

If that's your intent, don't try to do it that way. Simply boot from
the XP CD and follow the prompts for a clean installation. It will do
the format for you as the first step of the installation.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
if the disk already has
windows installed