From: HeyBub on
Ben Stevenson wrote:
> I believe first the HD has to be wiped clean. How to do that?

Must be a lonely religion (of course they all start out that way).

You do NOT need to WIPE (or erase or reformat) a disk to install an operting
system.

From: John John - MVP on
Why do you believe that the drive need to be wiped? Formatting is
usually sufficient when reinstalling Windows. If you really must wipe
the drive then use one of these:

Secure Erase
http://cmrr.ucsd.edu/people/Hughes/SecureErase.shtml

or