From: Jeff on
After I replied to a question in another discussion group the area where the
questions should be is blank. The rest of the page is there and functional.
This is one of the few groups that I can still see the questions. What is
going on and how do I correct it.
--
Thanks for your help.
From: Bruce Hagen on
"Jeff" <Jeff(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I replied to a question in another discussion group the area where
> the
> questions should be is blank. The rest of the page is there and
> functional.
> This is one of the few groups that I can still see the questions. What
> is
> going on and how do I correct it.
> --
> Thanks for your help.

You would have to ask MS or use a newsreader. No one here uses the Web
interface to access newsgroups.

There are plenty, but I use Eternal September and all the 'removed'
newsgroups are available.

Eternal September
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

IE General, OE General, OE6, Windows Update, Win98 General, & WLMessenger
were some of the newsgroups dropped late last week.

Here's Google Groups archive of what might have been your thread in Windows
Update newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/6ca73e54c74cb0f

With the demise of Windows Update newsgroup, you will find continuing
support in this MS forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads. State
your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) as well as your current IE
version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.

=> NB: The Windows Update newsgroup threads were NOT ported over to the
Windows Update forum.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Jeff on
I was happy to see that it was you that resonded to this question. You were
the one to whom I was sending the other reply too when it went blank. I was
having problems with Outloook Express 6, and you were correct the computer
did come with Norton installed and I upgraded to a better version and after a
few years it quit updating. I contacted Norton tech support and yes we ran a
removal tool. It wasn't long after that, that I started having problems with
my email. I know you respond to a lot of question I am hoping you half way
remember mine.

My question I was repling to you about had to do with one of the steps you
said I needed to do, you had given me a list of things to do. I folllowed
everything you said to do and went to the links you provided. (I wish I had
the reply in front of me so I could get the wording correct). On step 4 you
said I needed to go to (I think you called it) Microsoft Explorer? There I
was to find the address where all emails are stored and delete the files
outbox. dbx, sent items dbx, and deleted items dbx. I was not sure where you
were talking about so with so help from the Help section I figured out to go
to My Computer and right click and go to Explorer. There I scrolled down till
I found the address that I was looking for. There were some 21 files there
and I looked in everyone of them and didn't find anything outbox. dbx (ect).
Either I am not in the right spot or something. Yes I followed the links
about how to find the adress and show hidden files. I am hoping you remember
me and my question. If not I will gladly retype the original question, it was
sent sometime around July 4th. I'm running XP sp3 all updated, Outlook
Express 6, Internet Explore 8. All of your help in this matter has been and
is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank You so much. Jeff
--
Thanks for your help.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Here's the Google Groups archive of your 25 June 2010 thread in Windows
Update newsgroup (which MS dropped from their newsserver shortly after 01
July):

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/6ca73e54c74cb0f

NB: If a copy of the message is found in Sent Items, the problem lies
somewhere outside of OE; e.g., NAV's needless scanning of outgoing mail -
even Symantec says it's not necessary...

<QP>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</QP>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106