From: esn on
There may just be an option somewhere that I need to change, but I'm
getting really strange behavior from all the forms in a database I'm
trying to lock down. I tried using code in the on open event of a
startup form to hide the ribbon, and it wouldn't work. I tried
everything I could think of, and I know the event was firing, but for
some reason Access refused to hide the ribbon. I built an empty,
brand new database with a single form and a couple buttons to run the
same code, and in that file the code worked perfectly. But if I
pasted the entire startup form into an old backup of the database I'm
working on, still nothing.

Next I tried using customized ribbons as a workaround. I had been
planning on doing this anyway to make some printing and exporting
commands available when users are viewing reports, so I figured this
might be a way around the glitchy code. The custom ribbon I made for
reports works fine when inserted into the ribbon name property for
those reports.

Then I created another custom ribbon with nothing but an exit button,
to use with the startup form, and specified it in the ribbon name
property. No dice. I tried it with a different form - no dice. So
then I tried using the custom ribbon I made for reports with the
startup form - STILL no dice. I know that ribbon works fine because,
as I said, it loads and functions just right when attached to a
report. So what is going on with this weird ribbon/form interaction
in this file? No matter what I do Access seems to be locked into
displaying the default ribbon whenever a form is displayed, but only
in this file. Could there be some sort of object library reference
problem? If so, what do I do about it? Or is there something I'm
missing in the options?

Pages: 1
Prev: Double Metal Jacketed Gasket
Next: Data Entry = No