From: Iram on
Hello,
Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a form
called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to the
local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For some
reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry"
attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry" attribute and via
using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I need to access the same
form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you also
type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets
the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?

Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False

End Sub

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Iram/mcp
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:27:54 -0700, Iram <Iram(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a form
>called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to the
>local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For some
>reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry"
>attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
>above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry" attribute and via
>using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I need to access the same
>form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you also
>type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets
>the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?

If the form is used (at least occasionally) both to enter new records and to
edit existing ones, you might want to consider saving it with the DataEntry
property set to NO; and instead simply have it navigate to the new record
when it's opened. This gives you the best of both; a user opening the form
will see a blank new record ready for entry, but will still have the option to
navigate to an older record. The switchboard needn't be involved at all.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Iram on
There is one caveat. When the data entry folks add records I don't want them
to scroll through the records for any reason. However I will have a
continuous form showing all records and with command buttons in the next to
each record so that I can pull up the data entry form in modify mode.

Are you still willing to help me with my endeavor?

Thanks.
Iram

From: Bob Quintal on
=?Utf-8?B?SXJhbQ==?= <Iram(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hello,
> Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to
> open a form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match
> the Record ID to the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data
> Entry" attribute = No. For some reason it is not working
> correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry" attribute =
> No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
> above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry"
> attribute and via using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now
> I need to access the same form to modify records. Can you help me
> fix the below vba and could you also type up vba for me to put on
> the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets the "Data Entry"
> setting back = Yes?
>
> Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
> Dim stDocName As String
> Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
> stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
> Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False
>
> End Sub
>

> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Iram/mcp

Go to Access help and look up the options available for the openform
method of the docmd object.

In your example above, stLinkCriteria must be before the Docmd
statement

One of the parameters which you have left blank determines whether
the form opens ,
docmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal,, stLinkCriteria ,acFormEdit, _
acWindowNormal

From: Rick Brandt on
Iram wrote:

> Hello,
> Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a
> form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to
> the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For
> some reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the
> "Data Entry" attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form.
> The said form above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry"
> attribute and via
> using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I need to access the same
> form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you
> also type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the
> vba sets the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?
>
> Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
> Dim stDocName As String
> Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
> stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
> Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False
>
> End Sub

You need to set the value of stLnkCriteria *before* you use it. And with a
WHERE clause you don't need to mess with the DataEntry property at all.

Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

End Sub

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Forms acting strange.