From: Iram on
Hello,
I have many combo box's in many forms that continue to cause Access 2003 SP3
to crash.

Are there any official bugs on MS web page that describe why? If so can you
send me a couple of links.
These combobox's are pretty embarrasing and frustrating.

------------Below is the query the combo box runs, can you tell me if you
see anything wrong?

SELECT tbl_Category.Category, tbl_Category.Classification,
tbl_Category.Category, tbl_Category.Desc, tbl_Category.ReportType AS
[Category-Type], tbl_Category.[Remove Category]
FROM tbl_Category
WHERE (((tbl_Category.[Remove Category])=0))
ORDER BY tbl_Category.Classification, tbl_Category.Category;

--------Below is the On Got Focus of the same combo box...

Private Sub Category_GotFocus()
With Me
If fOSUserName() = .WorkerID Then
.Category.Locked = False
Else
.Category.Locked = True
End If
End With
End Sub

Thanks.
Iram/mcp
From: Iram on
I read an article that indicates using Me. when using vba on a Combobox
causes crashes and to replace Me. with the full references to the form path,
i.e.
Private sub...
Forms![form1]![Combo2].whatever
End Sub

Since I don't know vba too well how would I re-write the following to remove
the Me stuff to full form references?

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
You can run this code on the current event of the form instead of the got
focus for the combo.
I have not heard of using the full reference to the combo to avoid a crash
with SP3 before today.

Private Sub Form_Current()
With Me
If fOSUserName() = .WorkerID Then
.Category.Locked = False
Else
.Category.Locked = True
End If
End With
End Sub

If you wish to use full references,
Private Sub Form_Current()
With Forms![Form1]

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
I, too, have never heard this song and dance about using a full reference
rather that Me to avoid the problem.

But there is, in fact, a none bug with Access 2003/SP3 with the app crashing
if a combo's RowSource is a table with more than 30 fields. The hotfix for
this (and other bugs in SP3) can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Pages: 1
Prev: Data Entry = No