From: Sharon on
I am working on a database and created a form. I then bring up my previous
form for example 1 and it displays my information and now I want to change
the information to 2. This is done and saved to the table but in the table
it is deleting one. Is there a way I can display one and two. I have no
idea how to fix.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:09:01 -0800, Sharon <Sharon(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am working on a database and created a form. I then bring up my previous
>form for example 1 and it displays my information and now I want to change
>the information to 2. This is done and saved to the table but in the table
>it is deleting one. Is there a way I can display one and two. I have no
>idea how to fix.

"one and two" of what????

Please describe your table (key fields, Primary Key if there is one) and your
forms (what is the Recordsource of each form? if it's a query please post the
SQL).

A table will not "delete a record" unless you do something to delete a record.
Perhaps you're incorrectly assuming that the data is somehow stored in your
forms - it isn't, it's in the Table and only there; deleting a record on one
form will delete it from the table, and any other form will show that it has
been deleted.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: KARL DEWEY on
Continous form or a form with subform(s).
--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
It sounds to me like the user is pulling up an existing record, modifying it,
and expecting Access to save it as a separate record, like you can do with a
Word document. Access doesn't do tis, of course. The original record isn't
being 'deleted,' of course, it's being edited.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003