From: mahlandj on
I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below.

A B
1 1/2/10 Dan
2 1/5/10 Dan
3 1/10/10 Perry
4 2/3/10 Perry
5 2/7/10 Dan
6 2/12/10 Perry

Answer = 2 for January & 1 for February

--
Thanks!
From: Teethless mama on
PIVOT table is the right tool for this.

From: mahlandj on
Thanks for your help. I was looking for a different way to show the info
than the PIVOT table. Maybe I wasn't doing it correctly but I used this
formula instead and it worked great.

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A6)=1)*(B1:B6="Dan")) - This was for Jan results.
I just changed the 1 to a 2 for Feb and then to 3 for March....4......5......6
--
Thanks!