From: clacount on
Sorry, I must have clicked on the FrontPage tab rather than Excel and didn't
notice what I had done. Thanks for the response.

--
clacount

From: Helpful person on
On Mar 29, 12:51 pm, clacount <claco...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Can someone tell me what a " mark in this formula means?
>
> Example: =IF(G40:G52)>0,SUM(G40:G52),"")
> --
> clacount

It is not an empty string as others have stated. It is a cell with
nothing in it which Excel treats differently to empty. You can check
this with the isempty (sp?) query.

www.richardfisher.com