From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Outlook has never supported newsgroups or forums - that is not changing.
The NNTP bridge works with other NNTP readers besides the OE/Mail family so
you may be able to use the bridge with the same newsreader you use
currently.

From: Don Burn on
Actually there are plenty of 3-rd party solutions for supporting
Newsgroups with Outlook, and even one that supports forums.
Unfortunately the forum product is Newshound which continually corrupts
my outlook files so I have abandoned that. And none of the newsreaders
for outlook are supported by Microsoft's NNTP bridge.