From: Daryl Robbins on

I remember reading about, and myself even posting about, how when Jasc was
bought up by Corel that that'd be the end of any further useful
functionality to PSP. That they'd run it into the ground, while "Unlocking
its value" for themselves of course.

Word has spread to other graphic editor software discussion forums now
about the latest release of X3. I receiving the news about X3 on a forum
for a another editing program that I jumped-ship to four years ago when I
saw what a mess that Corel was making of PSP. Luckily it is not related to
any of that overpriced bloatware sold by that Mud-Hut company either. I'm
so glad I saw the writing on the wall when I did, from watching other
companies in the past run software into the ground the same way Corel
would, and did. I've had no reason to ever run PSP since.

Just out of curiosity I thought I'd see if anything has changed with PSP in
the four years since Corel has been wrecking it--downloading it to see.

I couldn't even get it to run after a one-hour install time. Tried that
three times, an hour install each time, turning things off, then on,
disabling them from services, etc. Not to mention what seemed an equally
long uninstall time for each attempt. Or the time I wasted searching the
net for solutions from all the hundreds if not thousands of others having
similar problems.

Here it is, a whole four years later, and still only a few of you are
starting to wake up.

You've been had, and had good. Now they are selling "customer support" for
a program that requires pay-for customer support in order to even get it to
run. With virtually zero real changes in editing capabilities, and even
less capability, since PSP 9 and X. Other than 400 megs of bloatware
add-ons that serves no real useful purpose. They can't make money from the
software they broke, so make money from those calling in on how to fix what
can't ever be fixed again. That's the only "value" left in Corel "unlocking
its value". Taking your productive time and money away from your life to
make it theirs.

The funniest part? Some of you will still pay for even that too. Corel
learnt well the motto of P.T. Barnum and how he made his riches, "There's a
sucker born every minute."

What a fun reminder of why I jumped ship four years ago.

Some things never change.

The true sign of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting a different result. Four years of the same actions and choices
done by the very the same people, to only prove that anyone who has
supported or continues to support PSP and Corel for four years or more
truly are insane. Even four years of it won't be enough for some to prove
to themselves that they have gone insane.

Enjoy another four years of that. Just thought I'd stop in to mention how
many were right four years ago and moved on to better editors which have
grown in leaps and bounds in functionality all this time, quite unlike PSP.
Back to my preferred editors now. One day in four years wasted on PSP again
was more than enough for me. I'm not insane. Leaving Corel and PSP in the
dirt four years ago is proof enough for that.

From: "Trev" trev_uk on

> You've been had, and had good. Now they are selling "customer support" for
> a program that requires pay-for customer support in order to even get it
> run. With virtually zero real changes in editing capabilities, and even
> less capability, since PSP 9 and X. Other than 400 megs of bloatware
> add-ons that serves no real useful purpose. They can't make money from the
> software they broke, so make money from those calling in on how to fix
> what
> can't ever be fixed again. That's the only "value" left in Corel
> "unlocking
> its value". Taking your productive time and money away from your life to
> make it theirs.

Oh you fibber :�) its not 400 megs of bloat wear. It's 1 .6 gigs of mostly
bloat ware. (The reason it takes so long to unpack before it can start the
install)
Corel have added a different Organizer with each version since taking over
the marketing. Each worse then the one before. But PSP is still as good as
it was in PSP 9 plus a Few bits extra and as my last purchased copies only
Total a outlay of under �30 It cant be bad

From: Daryl Robbins on
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:08:28 -0000, "Trev" <trev_uk(a)hotmail.com invalid>
wrote:

>> You've been had, and had good. Now they are selling "customer support" for
>> a program that requires pay-for customer support in order to even get it
>> run. With virtually zero real changes in editing capabilities, and even
>> less capability, since PSP 9 and X. Other than 400 megs of bloatware
>> add-ons that serves no real useful purpose. They can't make money from the
>> software they broke, so make money from those calling in on how to fix
>> what
>> can't ever be fixed again. That's the only "value" left in Corel
>> "unlocking
>> its value". Taking your productive time and money away from your life to
>> make it theirs.
>
>Oh you fibber :�) its not 400 megs of bloat wear. It's 1 .6 gigs of mostly
>bloat ware. (The reason it takes so long to unpack before it can start the
>install)
>Corel have added a different Organizer with each version since taking over
>the marketing. Each worse then the one before. But PSP is still as good as
>it was in PSP 9 plus a Few bits extra and as my last purchased copies only
>Total a outlay of under �30 It cant be bad

Let's see ... invest �30 and waste about 40-120+ hours of your life (some
of you have put in uncountable hours for 4 years now) debugging software as
Corel's pay-for (not paid) servant fool stooges, with �0 gain to yourselves
now and in the future. Those of you on dial-up downloading their program
will lose another 100+ hours of your life and your precious bandwidth
downloading the program. Multiple times than that for every download that
fails.

OR .... not give Corel �30 and then make �1500 to �5000 during that 40-120
hours of your time while using more capable software and being productive
on your own career. All the while also growing in your own education by
learning newer and better editing techniques on better software instead of
paying to be ungainfully employed in Corel's con-artists' game.

Decisions decisions ... what to do, what to do .... It's such a difficult
choice. ... Yes it is. ... If i WaS iNsANe <%~}```'

The < is the dunce-cap and the ```' is the drool.

From: treker on
I made the mistake of buying PSP X right after it came out and trying
it on my XP system. It worked okay, but the enjoyment was gone. I
hated the interface. The menus were all messed up. Changing the
brushheads was a task in itself. But to me, the worst item in the
whole mess was Corel's idea of an image browser. In a word, it
Sucked.

Needless to say, I deleted the program and returned to PSP 9.01. I
still run it to this day, along with Windows XP. Oh, and the disk
makes a great coaster.