From: KiwiBrian on
I want to make a rectangular selection, or crop, from within an existing
image for saving as a new image.
I can draw a selection outline/box/marquee or a cropping outline/box/marquee
surrounding the desired area, but I then want to position each of the four
sides exactly before saving the selected area.
Surprisingly (to me) I am not having any success in performing this very
basic requirement.
Any version of PSP from 8 onwards.
TIA

From: Trev on

"KiwiBrian" <briantoz(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>I want to make a rectangular selection, or crop, from within an existing
>image for saving as a new image.
> I can draw a selection outline/box/marquee or a cropping
> outline/box/marquee surrounding the desired area, but I then want to
> position each of the four sides exactly before saving the selected area.
> Surprisingly (to me) I am not having any success in performing this very
> basic requirement.
> Any version of PSP from 8 onwards.
> TIA

I will use the crop tool preferably. Now corel has made some changes with
ater versions. namely in that to resize the box you have to grab one of the
nodes/handles. to that you could grab the marquee any where on the sides.
The corner handles keep the width to height ratio when resizing, where as
the side handles will just stretch or reduce that side.
The crop tool is the better tool for cropping but if you want to use the
selection tool you need to toggle on the selection edit and use the
Deform/pick tool in the same way then toggle off to delete after inversing
the selection

Pages: 1
Prev: Isolating an image?
Next: Four Years Later ...