From: Muffy on
Canon, Canon, Canon....

They want to sell you the upgrade for moving from Version 2 that comes
with your scanner to the new Version 3 for what $60!

I guess they think those damn Americans just have too much money.
But under Support & Download on the Canon Asian site
http://www.canon-asia.com/

They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
driver libraries - free for the taking.

Thought you should know....
From: Wilfred on
Muffy wrote:
> Canon, Canon, Canon....
>
> They want to sell you the upgrade for moving from Version 2 that comes
> with your scanner to the new Version 3 for what $60!
>
> I guess they think those damn Americans just have too much money.
> But under Support & Download on the Canon Asian site
> http://www.canon-asia.com/
>
> They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
> driver libraries - free for the taking.

What is CapturePerfect? My Canon 9950F came with software called 'Scan
Gear' and 'CanoScan Toolbox'. If I select my scanner on the website you
mention, it only gives me updates for those two programs, not for
CapturePerfect.

--

Wilfred van der Vegte.
e-mail: first five letters of my first name at gmx dot net